[council] draft statement on .com

Thomas Rickert rickert at anwaelte.de
Thu Jun 28 09:51:19 UTC 2012

All,
here comes my proposed language for a statement that could be made by Stéphane.

Thomas

The GNSO Council had discussed with the Board during its meeting on Sunday that there were several instances where the GNSO Council was not involved prior the Board made decisions to seek community input.
It is with disappointment that the GNSO Council noted that a resolution on the renewal of the .com contract was passed last weekend while this very matter is a topic for today's public forum. Parts of the community may deem their contributions moot when they are not considered by the Board prior to making a decision.
We would like to explicitly point this out in order to make sure that community input is sought before resolutions are made and not afterwards when future meetings are planned.

Thomas
Thomas Rickert, Attorney at Law
Director Names & Numbers

-------------------------------------
eco - Verband der deutschen Internetwirtschaft e.V.

Lichtstraße 43h
50825 Köln

Fon:    +49 (0) 221 - 70 00 48 - 0
Fax:    +49 (0) 221 - 70 00 48 - 111
E-Mail: thomas.rickert at eco.de
Web:    http://www.eco.de

eco - Verband der deutschen Internetwirtschaft e.V.
Geschäftsführer: Harald A. Summa
Vorstand: Prof. Michael Rotert (Vorsitzender), Oliver Süme (stv.
Vorsitzender), Klaus Landefeld, Thomas von Bülow, Felix Höger
Vereinsregister: Amtsgericht Köln, VR 14478
Sitz des Vereins: Köln