[council] Motion for next Council meeting

Joy Liddicoat joy at apc.org
Tue Mar 6 04:24:19 UTC 2012

Councillors,

Please find below a motion I would like to submit at our next meeting.

Kind regards

Joy Liddicoat

Approval of a Charter for the Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP
Proceedings PDP Working Group

Whereas on 15 December 2011 the GNSO Council initiated a Policy Development
Process (PDP) on the Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings
and decided to create a PDP Working Group for the purposes of fulfilling the
requirements of the PDP (see http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201112);

Whereas, following a call for volunteers, a drafting team was formed and its
members have developed a charter for consideration by the GNSO Council;

Whereas the GNSO Council has reviewed the charter submitted by the drafting
team.

RESOLVED,

The GSNO Council approves the charter and appoints [to be confirmed] as the
GNSO Council Liaison to the Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP
Proceedings PDP Working Group.

The GNSO Council further directs that the work of the Locking of a Domain
Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings PDP Working Group be initiated no later
then 14 days after the approval of this motion. Until such time as the WG
can select a chair and that chair can be confirmed by the GNSO Council, the
GNSO Council Liaison shall act as interim chair.

Charter

[see attached pdf]