[council] Opportunities to discuss RAA

Zahid Jamil zahid at dndrc.com
Sat Mar 10 19:15:47 UTC 2012

Since there is a conflict and overlap between:

public session on the RAA and WHOIS on Monday at 1pm http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29531

And

The Gnso meeting at the same time
http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29539

Sue to the overlap the council may not fully benefit from the public session.

In any case.  Like in many other matters such as new gTLDs etc.  it would be appropriate to have staff provide a substantive update and council on the basis of that substantive update should then have an opportunity to also send in written questions.

After all the expectation of the council was we would get periodic updates more frequent than just at the face to face meetings.

Also formats of public sessions differ from sessions with the council and the ability of council to engage in a greater substantive discussion.

This does not distract from the public session which is valuable for the community in general but is not a replacement for the opportunity for council to have an update and a discussion with staff on this important and complex issue.

Best regards,

Zahid Jamil
Barrister-at-law
Jamil & Jamil
Barristers-at-law
219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
Cell: +923008238230
Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
Fax: +92 21 5655026
www.jamilandjamil.com

Notice / Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and its contents are being communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law, and constitute privileged information protected by attorney client privilege. The reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.

Sent from my iPad