[council] Question for meeting with the GAC

Joy Liddicoat joy at apc.org
Sat Mar 10 19:58:39 UTC 2012

Hi Stephane:

Just following up on the discussion just now, my suggested question is:

What advice can the GAC give the GNSO about the human rights impact
assessment requirements of the PDP in light of the United Nations Human
Rights Councils recent HRC Panel on Freedom of Expression and the Internet?

I hear your concerns about the need to be focussed and well prepared for the
GAC meeting and understand the concern that other Councillors may not feel
well-briefed on this issue - and that GAC members need time to consider
issues if they are to respond properly. I am open to suggestions about how
to raise this issue: for example, to table this as question for the GAC to
respond to at the Prague meeting - so that they have time to consult and
prepare a response. Or in some other manner if time allows.

Kind regards

Joy Liddicoat

Project Coordinator

Internet Rights are Human Rights