[council] Early draft: questions for our sessions with the Board and the GAC tomorrow

Zahid Jamil zahid at dndrc.com
Sat Mar 10 20:01:53 UTC 2012

an input on IANA topic for the Board:

expansion of the IANA topic:

We expect the Board will amend and submit a revised ICANN proposal that addresses what NTIA says was lacking in the first proposal.

Question: will the Council need to undertake any policy development to enable the revised proposal?

Why I suggest this:
For instance, will Council need to develop definitions and an evaluation process on whether a new gTLD is in the "Global Public Interest"?

For context something NTIA said:

Based on the input received from stakeholders around the world, NTIA added new requirements to the IANA functions’ statement of work, including the need for structural separation of policymaking from implementation, a robust companywide conflict of interest policy, provisions reflecting heightened respect for local country laws, and a series of consultation and reporting requirements to increase transparency and accountability to the international community.

Best regards,

Zahid Jamil
Barrister-at-law
Jamil & Jamil
Barristers-at-law
219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
Cell: +923008238230
Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
Fax: +92 21 5655026
www.jamilandjamil.com

Notice / Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and its contents are being communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law, and constitute privileged information protected by attorney client privilege. The reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.

Sent from my iPad