[council] Early draft: questions for our sessions with the Board and the GAC tomorrow

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Sat Mar 10 20:09:28 UTC 2012

Sub-question to the GAC discussion on RAA: How can the GNSO engage the
GAC in discussion about the LEA recommendations, such as verification
and regulations on privacy/proxy providers, so that the negotiations
reflect realistic options from the viewpoint of the community?  We need
to have these discussions in parallel, rather than having an
unacceptable agreement come back to Council and be rejected on Policy
grounds.

--Wendy

On 03/10/2012 02:37 PM, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:
> Board
>
> Red Cross and Olympic Committee names: the GNSO is getting mixed messages from the Board and Staff. What exactly is expected of the GNSO in terms of policy development? If we send you a mtion this week, will you act on it?
>
> Presenter: Alan Greenberg
>

> WHOIS RT final report recommendation implementation: a discussion of the policy issues here versus the expectations that some may have that these recommendations could be implemented straight away.
>
> Presenter: Jeff Neuman
>

> IANA contract: can you provide any further information on this?
>
> Presenter: Stéphane Van Gelder
>

> RAA: under what circumstances will the Board request the GNSO initiate a PDP on this topic?
>
> Presenter: Mary Wong
>

> GAC
>
> What are the GAC member's view on The PDP process includes a specific component to ensure freedom of expression.
>
> Presenter: Joy Liddicoat
>

> RAA: Update from registrars. Why does the GAC think pushing for Whois verification will resolve cybercrime, and will you push for the same level of verification for all TLDs worldwide, including ccTLDs?
>
> Presenter: Mason Cole

Sub-question: How can the GNSO engage the GAC in discussion about the

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Yale Law School Information Society Project