[council] Fwd: NPOC Proposal for IOC-RC protection

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Sun Mar 11 22:35:42 UTC 2012

Thanks, Stephane. In view of the discussion at our lunch meeting with the Board, I  feel obliged to point out that while NPOC does not have a seat on the Council as an individual constituency, they are in fact represented through the SG structure by Councilors elected by the SG as a whole.

In the NCSG Charter as approved by the Board, Council elections are done SG-wide and not on a constituency basis. The NCSG framework is similar to that in the Registries SG, where members join the SG and may also, within it, join constituencies (in the Ry SG, these sub-groups are called interest groups).

Thanks and cheers
Mary

"Stéphane Van Gelder<stephane.vangelder at indom.com>" <stephane.vangelder at indom.com> wrote:

Councillors,

Please see below the message that Alain Berranger, NPOC Chair, has requested be forwarded to the Council list on his behalf.

Thanks,

Stéphane