[council] How to handle requests for motion deferrals

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Mar 15 20:59:30 UTC 2012

Wolf,

I am writing to you as Chair of the Standing Committee on Improvement Implementation (SCI) to request that you direct the SCI to look at the issue of GNSO Council deferral requests for motions.

As you know, we have at Council level a practice of allowing referral requests for a motion that is being considered for the first time. I would ask that the SCI examine how this practice could be formalized and inserted in our Rules and Procedures.

Thanks,

Stéphane