[council] Amendments to IOC/RCRC Motion

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Mon Mar 26 12:42:09 UTC 2012

All,

The Drafting Team discussed possible amendments to the IOC/RCRC motion last week during its regularly scheduled meeting.  I am not sure if those will be proposed or not by some members of the Council, so I guess we will just wait and see.  There are two changes I would like to see which is more of clean-up administrative changes.  Because of (i) the discussions in Costa Rica where changes were made to recommendation 2 to limit the number of languages as opposed to the version proposed on March 2nd, and (ii) the Board already met on March 16th,  I propose making the following changes:

First Resolved Clause
Resolved, that the GNSO Council adopts the following three recommendations from the IOC/RC Drafting Team's three recommendations as described in its Proposal for the protection of IOC and RCRC names at the top level as provided in http://gnso.icann.org/issues/ioc-rcrc-proposal-02mar12-en.pdf; namely:

Last Resolved Clause
Resolved, that the GNSO submits this proposed solution for Board consideration and adoption at its 16 March 2012 next meeting in Costa Rica as a recommended solution to implement Board Resolution 2011.06.20.01 for implementation in the first round of new gTLD applications.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
21575 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 / jeff.neuman at neustar.biz<mailto:jeff.neuman at neustar.biz>  / www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>