[council] Proposed Agenda Item - Elimination of Friday Public Board Meetings

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Thu May 3 15:19:34 UTC 2012

It's increasingly difficult (not to mention expensive) for people to be
away for an entire week, up to three times a year. As such, I support
any move that will reduce the time, travel and cost commitment,
especially as the Friday Board sessions have really become "non events"
(for lack of a better word). Reinstating them without a more probing
analysis as to how to ensure that (1) the Board discussions are more
transparent and open than they have become; and (2) ICANN meetings are
as efficient and effective as they can be would, in my view, be
pointless.

Perhaps we can ask Steve whether this move is part of a commitment by
the Board towards these objectives and, if so, what else is being
considered. As such, Wolf-Ulrich's question as to the origin/impetus of
this move is a good one.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584
As of August 30, 2010, Franklin Pierce Law Center has affiliated with
the University of New Hampshire and is now known as the University of
New Hampshire School of Law. Please note that all email addresses have
changed and now follow the convention: firstname.lastname at law.unh.edu.
For more information on the University of New Hampshire School of Law,
please visit law.unh.edu