[council] [Soac-infoalert] Draft blog post re Friday Board meetings, SO/AC reports, etc.

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri May 11 08:21:40 UTC 2012

Wolf,

Just seen your message after responding to Steve's message in which I explained that I was copying you and Jeff so that you could each get feedback from your respective houses, but that for obvious reasons of confidentiality, I was not sending Steve's message to a public list such as the GNSO's before he says it's final and OK to be released.

So I think it's unfortunate that you have just done so.

The Council VCs are true representatives of their houses and I think there are times when you should act as direct conduits for any communication coming into the Council to each house.

I feel that in order to maintain good levels of trust and cooperation with others, there are times when the VCs should operate in this manner and that is why I ask you both to do in my earlier message.

Just wanted to clarify that. Thanks. I am not responding on the actual main part of your message, as I think you are absolutely correct to state your views and engage others. I just wish it had been done as an internal house discussion at this early stage.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France