[council] Prague - please read!

Thomas Rickert rickert at anwaelte.de
Fri May 11 09:08:26 UTC 2012

Stéphane,
I would like to discuss with the Board how ICANN's communication could be improved in the light of Fridays, URS and the TAS Glitch.

For GAC I would like to discuss in what areas the GAC might wish to co-operate with the GNSO so we can prepare / plan resources.
Also I would like to discuss with the GAC at a high level (if possible) how the Council and the GAC can help manage expectations of both the public bodies (especially LEA) and industry when it comes to fighting abuse.

With the ccNSO I guess it would make sense to pick up the discussion what effects the huge number of registries might have on our work and structure now that we know we should expect something in the range of 2k new TLDs.

In response to your question no. 2, there should be some time reserved for internal discussion in preparation of above subjects - should the Council decide to pick up these ideas.

Thanks,
Thomas

Am 11.05.2012 um 10:05 schrieb Stéphane Van Gelder:

> Councillors,
>
> I would like to strongly request your help in coming up with two things in preparation for our Prague week:
>
> 1. Topics for our interactions with the Board/GAC and ccNSO and
> 2. Ideas for sessions for our work weekend.
>
> As added context, I should say that the Council leadership is under greater pressure than usual to provide this earlier than usual (Staff have been put under pressure due to the delay in publishing the CR agenda that people complained about there).
>
> I should also add that I have asked Jeff, who has kindly volunteered (or was kindly volunteered by me, whichever way you want to see it ;) ) to look after our Prague agenda, to ensure that we cut down on pure working lunch sessions. I find these sessions are an organizational nightmare as people need time to have their lunch, which cost down on the time afforded to the topic we are scheduled to work on.
>
> So in short, please make a greater effort than usual to provide ideas for 1 and 2 above. These sessions, both our interactions with other groups and our own working sessions, should be the result of Council-wide deliberations so that they are truly effective and have greater meaning for the Council as a whole.
>
> Thanks for your help in this endeavor.
>
> Stéphane Van Gelder
> Directeur Général / General manager
> INDOM Group NBT France
> ----------------
> Head of Domain Operations
> Group NBT

Thomas Rickert, Rechtsanwalt
Schollmeyer &  Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft m.b.H. (i.e. law firm)
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Torsten Schollmeyer, Thomas Rickert
HRB 9262, AG Bonn

Büro / Office Bonn:
Kaiserplatz 7-9, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 0

Büro / Office Frankfurt a.M.:
Savignystraße 43, 60325 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 714 021 - 56

Zentralfax: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 66

mailto: rickert at anwaelte.de
skype-id: trickert