[council] Discussion kick-off on BC/IPC strawman proposal as blogged by Fadi

Maria Farrell maria.farrell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:27:00 UTC 2012

Volker,

Thank you very much. I share many of your concerns, particularly regarding
this 'extra-judicial' process'; its secrecy and its imbalance.

I would very much like to have clarity on what the role of the GNSO
Council, and the GNSO more broadly, should now be.

While I wish to be as constructive as possible regarding the substance of
any new proposals formally presented to the GNSO, I do not wish for the
GNSO to be asked to rubber-stamp the outcomes of a flawed process.

I look forward to learning more about these proposals, including the
publication of - at a minimum - who was involved in drawing them up, and
what process was invoked to ensure transparency, participation and balance.

All the best, Maria