[gnso-iocrc-dt] Re: [council] Initiation of IGO/INGO Protection PDP

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Mon Oct 29 22:57:51 UTC 2012

I have been silent for a week to see how this pans out, but I have to say that I agree with Chuck and Alan.  The way I see it, now that a PDP has been initiated, there is only 1 recommendation for the council to consider as a result of the DT work, and that is whether or not to recommend the "moratorium" on the IOC and RCRC marks.  As this is new gTLD implementation, I do not believe that PDP is necessary for the DT to make this recommendation (or not) to the Council.  Nor is a PDP needed for the Council to recommend this (or not) to the Board.

So, unless anyone disagrees, once the comment period ends, we will convene one last meeting to see whether the comments change anyone's views on the moratorium.

Please let me know if you think I am missing something here.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs