[council] Visa for ICANN Toronto refused by Canadian High Commission

Lanre Ajayi lanre at pinet.com.ng
Tue Sep 18 13:17:43 UTC 2012

Zahid,

My experience is not too different from yours. I submitted my passport to
the Canadian Embassy in Lagos, Nigeria on August 2, 2012 for a visa. I was
told it may take up to 45 working days or 2 months before the visa could be
ready for collection, if granted. I made an inquiry at the embassy ‘s visa
processing center yesterday, to find out the state of my visa application
and learnt that it could take up to 3 months before I can collect my
passport, by which time ICANN meeting would have been over.

I, later, learnt that a way to expedite action on my visa application is to
get the Canadian Government to intervene. This probably buttresses the point
that is being made, that Government support be made an important factor when
planning ICANN meetings.

Best regards,

Lanre Ajayi