[council] GAC GNSO joint meeting in Toronto

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Sep 21 17:06:41 UTC 2012

Councillors,

Heather also informed me that the GAC would not be able to meet with us in Toronto. Glen, Wolf, please update our weekend agenda accordingly.

Heather was keen to stress that the GAC values its meetings with us immensely. The reason they have preferred not to meet in Toronto is that the GAC is having to prioritize work on new gTLDs and providing early warnings and advice on schedule. I am sure that we can all appreciate that as being a real priority for the whole community.

The GAC will be meeting with only a few other ICANN bodies in Toronto, and all of them are linked in some way with the GAC's current work on new gTLDs. So those meetings will be extremely focused on that.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM NetNames France
Registry Relations and Strategy Director
NetNames
T: +33 (0)1 48 01 83 51
F: +33 (0)1 48 01 83 61