[council] A Parting Message from the Chair of the GNSO Council

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Tue Sep 25 22:13:56 UTC 2012

http://gnso.icann.org/en/
A Parting Message from the Chair of the GNSO Council

This is a fascinating time. The new gTLDs, born out of extensive policy develop work done by the GNSO, is set to redefine the Internet's naming system. This programme will have a profound impact on Internet users worldwide, but also on ICANN and the generic name community. This is certain to be one of the many topics of conversation that the GNSO Council will delve into when it convenes for a full week's work at the 45th ICANN International meeting in Toronto. For me, Canada will be a very special and emotional meeting. After four years on the Council, including one as Vice Chair and two as Chair, I will be moving on to new pastures. It has been immensely rewarding working alongside truly exceptional individuals and helping to shape the global gTLD space's policies. I am honoured to have served on what I consider to be one of the jewels in the ICANN crown. I wish the GNSO well as it moves into this new era of hundreds of new gTLDs, and I will continue to be a staunch supporter of the GNSO Council.

Stéphane Van Gelder

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org