[council] FW:] Proposed alternative TMCH implementation model

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Wed Sep 26 13:11:01 UTC 2012

All,

I wanted to forward this to the Council.  Unfortunately the documents posted by ICANN on the clearinghouse did NOT include any of the materials and information discussed with the tech group for the past several months.  It is an omission the group has asked ICANN to correct.  In the meantime, these documents are now out for public comment.  We have asked ICANN to open an official ICANN public comment on it as well.

We, the registries that have worked on this, believe that these alternate models better reflect the principals in the Applicant Guidebook, while at the same time presents a solution that is more easily implement able by the registries to keep the costs down for trademark owners sand applicants.  This was truly developed in a bottom up approach and represents comments received by the tech group.

Please forward on to your respective constituencies, advisory committees and stakeholder groups.

I am happy to discuss in Toronto and to answer any questions,

Thanks,

Sent with Good (www.good.com)