[council] Protection of International Olympic Committee (IOC) / Red Cross Names (RCRC) Drafting Team - Recommendations

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Sun Sep 30 13:03:47 UTC 2012

All,

Not sure you saw this announcement on Friday.  These represent the Drafting Team's current thinking on protecting the IOC/Red Cross names at the second level which was posted on Friday.  The recommendations are now out for public comment.

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-28sep12-en.htm
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/ioc-rcrc-recommendations-28sep12-en.htm (For Public Comment Announcement)
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/ioc-rcrc-recommendations-28sep12-en.pdf (Actual Recommendations)

For those of you that have not been following the Drafting Team's work, these recommendations were crafted prior to the Board's resolution which essentially states the same thing.  So, notwithstanding the previous posts on this list on Friday, I do not believe the Board's resolution influenced the work of the Drafting Team, but rather, it is my belief that Board members following the work of the Drafting Team were influenced by the work we on the Drafting Team were doing.

We can discuss whether we believe the ICANN Board was proper in its recent resolution on the IOC/RC names, but I just wanted you to know that the Drafting Team's recommendations were not changed by the Board's resolution.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
46000 Center Oak Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 / jeff.neuman at neustar.biz<mailto:jeff.neuman at neustar.biz>  / www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>