[council] A note to Fadi on the integrity of the policy development process

Novoa, Osvaldo onovoa at antel.com.uy
Sat Apr 6 10:24:30 UTC 2013

Excellent letter, I support sending it.
Best regards,
Osvaldo

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 06/04/2013, a las 17:27, "john at crediblecontext.com<mailto:john at crediblecontext.com>" <john at crediblecontext.com<mailto:john at crediblecontext.com>> escribió:

All,

In our conversations today triggered by the report on the Expert Working Group and the motion on the strawman, there was concern about the rise of policy development process work-arounds.

In an attempt to make the point to Fadi (and, by extension, the Board) by, as the song goes, accentuating the positive and eliminating the negative, I have drafted this short note that Jonathan might send this evening.

Give it a look and let me know.

Cheers,

Berard

DRAFT/letter to Fadi RE: directory data collection PDP

Fadi,

Because of the role played by the GNSO Council in managing the policy development process, we have been paying very close attention to the work of the expert working group on collecting and maintaining registration data.

We were, in fact, given a status report by staff today at our working session. This will help us in our work on the PDP requested by the Board.  In light of the legacy of WhoIs and the launch of new gTLDs, there are few issues of greater importance to ICANN.

It is our hope that the expert working group's findings will crystallize in the near-term and, once transmitted to the Council, lead to quick action on that PDP.

Our commitment is to move quickly, thereby reinforcing the method and value of the policy development process and limiting the likelihood that any single idea from the expert working group will get out ahead of the Council’s consideration.

Jonathan

El presente correo y cualquier posible archivo adjunto está dirigido únicamente al destinatario del mensaje y contiene información que puede ser confidencial. Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente respondiendo anexando este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Está prohibida cualquier utilización, difusión o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad que no sean las específicas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicación que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra Política de Seguridad de la Información

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files. Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.