[council] GNSO Metrics & Reporting (MetRep) for 5 Sept GNSO Council Meeting

Berry Cobb mail at berrycobb.com
Mon Aug 26 20:50:14 UTC 2013

Jonathan and All,

Please find attached a document regarding the GNSO Metrics & Reporting WG.
As you may recall, we have an issue with limited volunteers within the GNSO
for this effort, which is not considered sufficiently representative.  At
the GNSO Council meeting in Durban, the staff was tasked (Action Item #7
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> )
with developing a possible alternative approach to the Uniformity of
Reporting Final Issue Report recommendations approved in Beijing.  This
MetRep document is intended to provide a possible way forward for the GNSO
Council to consider.

Item 6: DISCUSSION - Metrics and Reporting WG (10 mins)

Despite the unanimous support for this resolution, only six volunteers (3
GNSO, 3 ALAC) have signed up for this effort to date, which is not
considered sufficiently representative to kick off the DT. Apart from
renewing the call for volunteers or delaying this effort, the GNSO Council
could consider, as this is a non-PDP WG, to explore an alternative approach
to addressing this issue while still respecting the multi-stakeholder
approach, but not necessarily requiring the formation of a DT or WG.

Please let me know if you require additional information or if you have any
questions.

Thank you.  B

Berry Cobb

720.839.5735