[council] Berard comments on agenda for the GNSO Council Meeting - 12 December 2013

john at crediblecontext.com john at crediblecontext.com
Wed Dec 4 15:59:01 UTC 2013

Jonathan, et. al.,

Allow me to be a bit forward here.

While this agenda may seem light on its face (do agenda have faces?  that's a puzzler), I think there are three bits knit together from the action & project lists that ought to be our primary focus:

First, under cover of the PDP improvements work, there are three essential elements, 1, technology and tools in support of working groups, 2. expanding the pool of participants in working groups and 3. ensuring earlier participation by the GAC.  I am still stung by the way the GAC Buenos Aires communique made no reference to the IGO/INGO working group.

Second, linked to this and highlighted by the instinct for top-down direction is the nature of cross-community working groups.  Mary Wong and I are on point to follow-up your letter of invitation, but I think we ought to "farm out" invitations to specific SO/ACs based on whoever on the Council has the tightest relationships.  We need to move on this or we might as well stand down and let nature take its course.

Third, the GNSO review.  We ought to set a more specific agenda for the work that Jennifer is leading.

The ATRT2 letter might seem a 4th important bit, but it is due the next day and we will likely have a go/no-go from our groups before we get on the call.

My two (or three cents).

Berard

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [council] Agenda for the GNSO Council Meeting - 12 December 2013