[council] FYI - Save the Date - ICANN Brussels Briefing, 18 Dec 2013 at Renaissance hotel

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Dec 10 11:07:28 UTC 2013

For your information

BRUSSELS BRIEFING; 18TH DECEMBER 2013

As 2013 comes to an end we would like you to save the date for the second
(and last of year) ICANN Brussels briefing, on December 18 at 09.30hrs at
the Renaissance Hotel
<https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Renaissance+Brussels+Hotel&fb=1&hq=
renaissance+hotel&hnear=0x47c3a4ed73c76867:0xc18b3a66787302a7,Brussels,+Belg
ium&cid=10687355292024950971&ei=Is2lUqnxEIeqhQf20YGABw&ved=0CPYBEPwSMAs> ,
the event will finish with a buffet lunch.

It will be an occasion to meet and update you on the ICANN developments
including the new gTLD program, outcomes from the ICANN 48 Buenos Aires and
larger IG topics such as  the preparation of the San Paulo meeting on the
Future of the Internet Governance, the 1NET movement and the WSIS+10 review
process.

We will also to take stock from the first public session on the ICANN
Engagement Strategy for Europe
<https://community.icann.org/display/gseeuropewkspc/ICANN+Engagement+Strateg
y+for+Europe>  (IESE) held at ICANN 48, and design toghether the roadmap to
build a solid regional strategy.

2014 is set to be a key year in the global IG ecosystem, would be very good
too see you and exchange greetings before we start the Christmas break and a
very intense year ahead.

Please "spread the news" and let us know if you can come (Register sending
your details  to petya.minkova at icann.org)

Best regards,

Nigel Hickson
nigel.hickson at icann.org <mailto:nigel.hickson at icann.org>