[council] FW: SCI Liaison

john at crediblecontext.com john at crediblecontext.com
Tue Feb 19 16:07:04 UTC 2013

Jonathan,

A liaison, by choice, not duress, makes quite a lot of sense.

Berard

--------- Original Message ---------Subject: [council] FW: SCI Liaison
From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com>
Date: 2/19/13 1:46 am
To: council at gnso.icann.org

All,

Please see the note below from Ron Andruff, Chair of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation.  In general, the responsibility of the SCI is to provide an on-going capability to review GNSO processes and particularly to work on improvements where these processes are seen to have shortcomings.

My personal feeling is that we should go for solution 1 suggested by Ron below.  This could be supplemented by a variation of 2 i.e. that we invite the Chair &/or VC of the SCI to talk with the Council on specific issues as and when appropriate.

Currently, Jennifer Wolfe and Wolf-Ulrich Knoben are primary members to the SCI, Thomas Rickert and Jeff Neuman are alternate members. It seems to make sense for one of these to become Council Liaison appointed by the Council.

Two questions:

1.     Any objections to this approach?
2.     If not, any volunteers from existing primary members or alternates?

Thanks,

Jonathan