[council] POLICY VERSUS IMPLEMENTATION ­ DRAFT FRAMEWORK FOR DISCUSSION

David Olive david.olive at icann.org
Tue Jan 8 23:22:35 UTC 2013

Dear GNSO Council Members:

As mentioned previously, I would like to share with you a staff paper
concerning the topic of policy vs. implementation which outlines a draft
framework for community discussion. In addition, the paper aims to identify
a number of principles, questions as well as possible improvements that will
hopefully facilitate further consideration of this issue.

In addition to sharing this with you, we are also planning to circulate this
to the other ICANN Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees for
their consideration. Further to any steps the GNSO may want to take in
relation to this issue, our idea would be to solicit volunteers from the
different SO/ACs to set up a small organizing committee to plan a session in
Beijing on this topic so further consideration can be given to possible next
steps and/or recommendations.

If you have any comments and/or questions, please feel free to share those
with the list. This topic is also expected to be on the agenda for the next
GNSO Council meeting.

Best regards,

David
--
David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support