[council] Response from chair of the New gTLD Program Committee

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Jun 6 09:50:18 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Cherine Chalaby [mailto:cherine.chalaby at icann.org]
Sent: Thursday, 6 June 2013 7:07 PM
To: Neuman, Jeff; Jonathan Robinson
Cc: Steve Crocker; Bruce Tonkin; 'council at gnso.icann.org'; Cyrus Namazi; Fadi Chehade; Michelle Bright; Megan Bishop; Amy Stathos; John Jeffrey
Subject: Re: Agenda - 11 June 2013 - New gTLD Program Committee

Jeff and Jonathan,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for clearly stating that the main issue for the GNSO Council is not so much about whether the New gTLD Program Committee (NGPC) upholds the decision relating to the BGC's recommendation on the reconsideration request 13-3, but there is a concern about the documented rationale supporting the recommendation.

Let me assure you that on the Board and the NGPC we always thrive at improving the rationale supporting our decisions.  We will therefore remove the reconsideration request 13-3 from the agenda of the NGPC meeting scheduled for 11th June.  We are currently holding weekly NGPC
meetings and the next two meetings are on 18th and 25th June.   We will
put reconsideration request 13-3 on the agenda for the 25th June meeting in order to give the GNSO Council sufficient time to discuss with its community and to write to the NGPC.

All the best,
Cherine