[council] Rationale for Reconsideration Request 13.3

Novoa, Osvaldo onovoa at antel.com.uy
Tue Jun 18 19:52:32 UTC 2013

All,
I support this draft.
Best regards,
Osvaldo

________________________________
De: owner-council at gnso.icann.org [mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org] En nombre de Jonathan Robinson
Enviado el: Martes, 18 de Junio de 2013 16:41
Para: council at gnso.icann.org
Asunto: [council] Rationale for Reconsideration Request 13.3

All,

I believe that the draft below reflects the position where we have got to so far.  I do not feel we have consensus on specific requests, only that the BGC be aware of the current position.

I trust you will be able to support this and recognise I have attempted to deal with this in as balanced and constructive a way as possible given the very tight timeline.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Dear Bruce and Colleagues on the Board Governance Committee,

I am writing to you in my capacity as chair of the GNSO Council.

As you are no doubt aware, the rationale prepared for the reconsideration request 13.3 has been the subject of significant Council and broader community discussion.

Concerns with the rationale, expressed by a number of Councillors, revolve around the extent to which the rationale may effectively set precedent and the associated impact on the ICANN multi-stakeholder model.  In other words, there is a view that the implications of the rationale go beyond the scope of dealing with the reconsideration request to which they pertain.

In the short time available since the Council first discussed this at our 13 June 2013 meeting, we have not yet formed a consensus or agreed GNSO Council position.

Nevertheless, I feel it is appropriate to flag with you the strength of views of on this this subject.

I trust that you will take this input to your business in the constructive spirit in which it is intended.

Yours sincerely,

Jonathan Robinson
Chair, ICANN GNSO Council

El presente correo y cualquier posible archivo adjunto est? dirigido ?nicamente al destinatario del mensaje y contiene informaci?n que puede ser confidencial. Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente respondiendo anexando este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Est? prohibida cualquier utilizaci?n, difusi?n o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad que no sean las espec?ficas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicaci?n que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra Pol?tica de Seguridad de la Informaci?n

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files. Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.