[council] FW: Letter of support ICANN - NOC AUT

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Sat Mar 30 12:26:05 UTC 2013

Thanks Jeff.

Good points.  For me two key themes emerge:

1. Our need to demonstrate our critical role and function as the GNSO Council as well as our capacity to work effectively together in order to underpin that position.
2. Having established 1 above, the need coherently demonstrate the vital components (including ourselves) of the multi-stakeholder model that need to be preserved and defended.

Neither of the above suggests an unwillingness to evolve and develop over time but we need to do so in an environment of mutual trust which is provided by respect for the overarching principles of the multi-stakeholder model.

I can see that we need to touch on and/or emphasise variants of the above in:

a. Our intro session on Saturday morning
b. Our public meeting on Wednesday and
c. In our meeting with the GAC, Board, CEO and ccNSO.

Jonathan