[council] Notice of Selection of Bruce Tonkin by GNSO Contracted Parties House for Board Seat 13

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri May 3 05:26:32 UTC 2013

Hello Jonathan,

>>  Please accept this as formal notice that the Contracted Parties House has re-selected Bruce Tonkin for Seat 13 on the ICANN Board when his current term expires.

>>  This notice is also intended to serve as the requisite official notice to the ICANN Secretary and General Council.

I note that the ICANN Board Secretary has now posted a Secretary's Notice at :

http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/meetings

"1 May 2013    Notice of Selection of Bruce Tonkin by GNSO Contracted Parties House for Board Seat 13"

I would like to thank the Contracted Parties House for their support for me to serve another term on the ICANN Board.

I would also like to extend again the invitation to any of the individual Constituencies or Stakeholder Groups in the Non-contracted Party House, as well as those in the Contracted Parties House, that I am happy to attend teleconferences or face-to-face meetings from time to time to hear their views, and also happy to provide updates on current Board activities.

While I am elected by the Contracted Parties House - my duty as an ICANN Board Director is  to act in what I reasonably believe are the best interests of ICANN and not as representatives of the entity that selected me, my employer, or any other organization or constituency.

 I always find it valuable to hear from the various groups of ICANN directly.

With respect to face-to-face meetings, feel free to contact me in the lead up to a public ICANN meeting, and I will do my best to accommodate a meeting if any group in the GNSO so desires.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin