[council] CWG on Internet Govenrance Issues

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Thu Nov 28 14:41:36 UTC 2013

Hi Jonathan,

Some comments in-line below:

On Nov 28, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Jonathan Robinson <jrobinson at afilias.info> wrote:

[SNIP]

> Bill,
>
> Thanks for that information / input.  A couple of points to add:
>
> 1.       Some form of listserv does seem to make sense.  The following list has been recently mentioned in GNSO Council discussion on the topic:
> Would this be the one to use or is another required?

I would personally advise a dedicated list for discussions and deliberations amongst the ICANN community. I’ve been on the i-coordination list since halfway through the BA meeting. My impression is that they are really struggling to focus on a constructive agreement. I was hoping for a discussion focused on defining the process leading up to Brazil and the debate revolving around representation. Instead, they seem to be all over the place. Unfortunately not very goal-oriented.

Those are my thoughts…, as naive as they might be.

> 2.       The Registries SG mailing list had some discussion about a possible 3rd coordinator with more of a commercial / business background.
> This was not specifically suggested to be someone with a registries / contracted parties link.

This sounds like a good idea to me.

[SNIP]

Thanks.

Amr