[council] Draft PDP charter - Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation PDP WG

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Oct 21 18:21:45 UTC 2013

Thanks for the follow up and comments, Wendy and Volker. In preparing the
staff paper that provided the background for this discussion, we thought
it best to lay out all the issues that seemed to be raised by the
proxy/privacy accreditation question at the time, rather than engage in an
editing process that might be seen as inappropriate. Those issues were
incorporated wholesale into the draft charter for the same reason.

As with other Working Groups, and among a number of options, the Working
Group that will be formed may choose to form sub-groups and work teams for
any, some or all of the identified issues (including the development of a
work plan or grouping together or refining appropriate sets of questions).
The earlier Issue Report had also mentioned the possibility of dividing
the PDP into specific issue "sets", along the lines of what was done with
the IRTP. These options may impact the time line in some cases; however,
it seemed preferable that everyone has an early awareness of the scope of
the work facing the WG - especially given the definite, final stop date of
January 1, 2017 (as stated in temporary privacy/proxy specification in the
2013 RAA).

We will make the change suggested by Wendy below to the current draft
charter.

I hope this helps,
Mary

Mary Wong