[council] GNSO / GNSO Council / GAC Interaction

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Mon Sep 23 14:55:08 UTC 2013

All,

As per Item 10 from our 5 September 2013 Council meeting and the actions
arising, there is an opportunity to clarify where we are currently with
respect to future engagement with the ICANN GAC and to set out possible next
steps.

We currently have two opportunities to pursue and develop as far as improved
engagement with the GAC on GNSO Policy work is concerned as follows:

1.       Establishing what we have started to refer to as a "Reverse
Liaison" and

2.       A detailed examination of existing points of engagement and seeking
to be clear on where these are or are not adequate .

I suggest that we pick them up as two independent (but obviously related)
threads and seek to make progress.

Clearly, both will need discussion with the GAC but I think it will be
worthwhile to ensure we have some initial clarity first.

I'll kick off both threads and welcome input and discussion as to how we
move forwards.

Thanks,

Jonathan