[council] TR: GNSO / Specification 13 / Rec.19 CONTEXT

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Mon Apr 14 19:50:50 UTC 2014

FYI

De : BRG [mailto:philip at brandregistrygroup.org]
Envoyé : lundi 14 avril 2014 12:10
À : Glen de Saint Géry
Cc : jonathan.robinson at iprota.com
Objet : GNSO / Specification 13 / Rec.19 CONTEXT

Glen, Jonathan,
as you know the Board NGPC gave the GNSO Council 45 days to consider one aspect of Specification 13 - the exclusive registrars issue.
I read the transcript of the GNSO first discussion on this issue last Thursday, 10 April. I hope our earlier FAQ was helpful in explaining the issue before Council.

In the discussion it was clear that many Council members were not party to the 2005 - 2007 discussions on TLDs.
You will recall I was a GNSO Council member at this time.

I have prepared a 2-page backgrounder on the specific issue, using both the final report but also earlier reports in order to help provide today's GNSO Council with context. The background is enlightening. Without it the key element of Recommendation 19 may not be understood.

Please distribute to the Council.
I would be happy to answer any feedback.
Philip

Philip Sheppard
Director General
Brand Registry Group