[council] Ramp-up for London

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-Systems.net
Fri Apr 25 17:30:44 UTC 2014

Dear fellow councillors,

we, i.e. ICANN staff and Jonathan, David and me are currently in the
first stages of preparing the London meeting schedules.

One of the main feedback points we received from the last poll was that
the council appreciated the discussion slots more than the presentation
slots. One comment also requested better preparation of these
discussions, therefore it will be valuable to have the council discuss
the main topics for discussion in advance. That would save us valuable
time on Saturday that we can use to potentially extend the discussion
slots. We will still include preparation time, however that should be
used to adjust the plans with regard to events that happened since
travelling to London was initiated.

With regard to the working group reports, many commenters were of the
opinion to cut short the time of any groups that did not have anything
substantial to report, however this is very difficult to achieve in
advance as many WGs will be publishing their reports "just in time" i.e.
at a time when the main schedule is already set. I would therefore like
to ask the council liaisons to the various working groups to reach out
to me with their estimation of how much time - if any - their groups
would need to present the current work results. That way we may have
more time for groups that just published a report or need time to reach
out to the council for feeedback and less time for groups that are still
happiliy plugging along, but have nothing to report that they didn't
already report the last time.

Other than that, do we want to hear from anyone (staff, community
leaders, etc) we did not hear from last meeting ? Suggestions are welcome.

--
Best regards,

Volker Greimann