[council] Proposed modification of the GNSO recommendations relating to IGO acronyms and red cross identifiers

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Sun Aug 17 10:18:42 UTC 2014

All,

As you know, this was a motion presented to and then withdrawn from the July
GNSO Council Meeting.

Chris Disspain, an ICANN board member who has been very active in dealing
with this issue, has offered to brief the Council on any progress made and
thinking on this.

Chris's feeling and mine too is that this is best handled via an oral
briefing / discussion rather than a written briefing.

Anticipating that the withdrawn motion will be made again at a future
meeting of the Council, I intend to take Chris up on his offer.

Whilst it would have been good to have the briefing ahead of the meeting
(and Chris was willing), I think that the practicalities of arranging this
will have been or will be difficult.

For completeness, I have re-attached the briefing note on the subject that
we recently sent to the NGPC on a closely related topic.

In summary, I intent to accept Chris's offer to brief the Council and
welcome any input you may have.

Thanks,

Jonathan