[council] Action Items arising from Council meeting 24 July 2014

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Tue Aug 19 10:18:05 UTC 2014

Dear Councillors,

Please find the action items arising from the Council meeting on 24 July 2014 for your review before our next Council meeting on 4 September 2014.

Arising from the Action Item<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> list

IDN Variants
Jonathan Robinson to write note to Ram Mohan (draft to be provided by Mary Wong) to follow up on discussions in London.

Facilitation Training (ICANN Academy)
Thomas Rickert to send a note on facilitation training and request for SG/Cs to nominate participants.

Expert Working Group Final Report

In addition to the action item, anyone who has been following the work of the Expert Working Group may want to see if there is anything that the Council, as opposed to Stakeholder Groups and constituencies, should be seeking clarification on and how the Council may take up the work going forward.

Cross community Working Group (CWG) on Internet Governance Charter

It was suggested that a charter should be circulated at the same time with the same language, to all of the potential chartering organizations.

Jonathan Robinson to write a note to Olivier Crepin-Leblond informing him that the Council has discussed the topic and will be paying attention to this  in the weeks ahead.

Charter recirculated and motion proposed to act on charter.
Item 4: MOTION - A proposed modification of the GNSO's consensus recommendations relating to IGO acronyms and Red Cross identifiers

Action Items:

*       Formulate an appropriate set of questions to submit to the New gTLD Program Committee (NGPC).

*        Councilors to send questions to the Council mailing list to be collated and communicated to the NGPC.

*       Proposal to invite the NCPC to an intercessional or to the next scheduled Council meeting to interact with the Council.
Item 5: Update<http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-gnso-council/presentation-gnso-council-compliance-25jun14-en> - On the Uniformity of Reporting Final Issue Report Resolution

Action item :

Propose a motion to close the Uniformity of Reporting work for the next Council meeting.
Item 6: UPDATE - A cross-community working group to develop a transfer process for the IANA stewardship role

Action Items:

*       Councillors are encouraged to refer to the microsite<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/coordination-group-resources-2014-07-18-en>.

*       Councillors are encouraged to follow the cross-community working group on the stewardship transition via the Wiki site<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=48348482>.
Item 7: UPDATE - On the work of the GNSO Review Working Party
Action Item:
Councillors are encouraged to take the survey and provide feedback.
Item 8: UPDATE - On the work of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group

Action items:

*       Encourage GNSO participants in the group to keep the group's momentum going.

*       Jonathan Robinson to pick up the proposal with the GAC GNSO Consultation group to do outreach and communication in terms of GNSO communication above and beyond the GNSO Liaison role.

Item 9: UPDATE & DISCUSSION - Planning for LA

Action Item:
GNSO Secretariat to provide draft schedule to Jonathan Robinson and David Cake to start planning the Los Angeles GNSO Weekend Working sessions
Item 10: Any Other Business

Jonathan Robinson to send most recent update on accountability to the Council mailing list.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20140819/565e622b/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list