[council] FW: [liaison6c] Have Questions About the ICANN Accountability Process?

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Mon Aug 25 09:31:45 UTC 2014

From: Glen de Saint Géry [mailto:Glen at icann.org]
Sent: 23 August 2014 14:21
To: liaison6c
Subject: [liaison6c] Have Questions About the ICANN Accountability Process?

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-08-22-en

Have Questions About the ICANN Accountability Process?

On 14 August ICANN posted the
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/process-next-steps-2014-08-14-en>
Enhancing ICANN Accountability and Governance: Process and Next Steps. Since
posting, we've received some questions that are compiled here together with
items perhaps useful to be addressed for the community. These
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/enhancing-accountability-faqs-2014-08
-22-en> Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are to assist in your understanding
of this process and of the ways you can participate, and will be updated to
be responsive to community questions during the process. The FAQs and other
process resources also can be found on a
<https://community.icann.org/category/accountability> new Community Wiki
space.

The Accountability Process ICANN has launched is critical to the successful
transition of the IANA Functions Stewardship from the US Government to the
Internet's multistakeholder community. All of us who are part of the ICANN
community are responsibility for our accountability – for assessing the
mechanisms – what works and what needs to be improved. It's important that
you contribute. We hope you do.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org