[council] FW: SO-AC-SG HIGH INTEREST TOPIC SESSION @ ICANN 51 in Los Angeles - A Reminder

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:49:41 UTC 2014

Dear Jonathan

How about Legitimacy in Internet governance

The Internet today resembles a country where 1% of the population
governs 99% of the population, and most don't even know that the 1%
exists! Legitimate democratic governance depends on the awareness and
participation of the populous. Legitimacy in Internet governance
requires greater awareness and participation of stakeholders. Civil
society is the most disenfranchised part of the whole processes, and it
has the most to loose.

Just a thought

Klaus