[council] About Designing a 21st Century ICANN

Gabriela Szlak gabrielaszlak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 18:18:23 UTC 2014

Well ... in any case I am always in favour of improvement and innovation,
particularly for global engagement purposes. And after minimun research, I
have to admit this was just a beautiful expression that I am happy to
learn.
So in my case, I will give this a break and keep reading.
:)

>From wikipedia:
"In Greek mythology <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology>, *Scylla*
 (/ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English>ˈ<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key>
s <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key>ɪ<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key>
l <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key>ə<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key>
/ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English>
*sil-ə*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pronunciation_respelling_key>
; Greek <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language>: Σκύλλα, *Skylla*,
pronounced [skýl̚la]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_Greek>)[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scylla#cite_note-1>
 was a monster that lived on one side of a narrow channel of water,
opposite its counterpart Charybdis <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charybdis>.
The two sides of the strait were within an arrow's range of each other—so
close that sailors attempting to avoid Charybdis would pass too close to
Scylla and vice versa.

Traditionally the strait has been associated with the Strait of
Messina<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Messina>
 between Italy <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy> and
Sicily<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicily>.
The idiom "between Scylla and
Charybdis<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Between_Scylla_and_Charybdis>"
has come to mean being between two dangers, choosing either of which brings
harm."

Cheers,

G.

*Gabriela Szlak *

*Skype:* gabrielaszlak

*Twitter: @*GabiSzlak

La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial.
The information in this e-mail is confidential.