[council] ICANN Singapore & the GNSO weekend meetings (Rafik Included on cc)

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Tue Feb 4 14:26:48 UTC 2014

Councillors,

We have started to discuss and shape our work together in Singapore.  One
key aspect of that is the weekend sessions.

This note is intended as a reminder, to both councillors and the groups they
represent on the Council, of a couple of key points.

First, a reminder that all the Singapore sessions are open and we positively
welcome contributions from throughout the GNSO as well as the broader
community at any meeting of the Council.

In particular, the weekend sessions should be recognised as GNSO sessions
where interaction, questions and input are very welcome. Therefore, can you
please all take note of this and encourage your respective groups and
constituencies to be as involved as possible.

Note that during the past two meetings, following a request from the CSG, we
ensured that the weekend schedule ended at 16h00 on Sunday in order to
assist with creating a window for initial SG & Constituency meetings on the
weekend. I expect that we will do so again in Singapore.

In the run-up to Singapore therefore, your involvement can take place in the
form of suggestions for content (and form) of the various agendas, as we
have already begun to do.

Key points to think about could be:

1.       Topics for the weekend sessions.

2.       Topics for discussion with the Board & CEO

3.       Key agenda items for the Wed public meeting of the Council

4.       Potential future items of work to build a pipeline of meaningful
activity

Thanks for your consideration of this and input to date.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robinson

Chair

ICANN GNSO Council