MSI Panel & the Council (Was RE: [council] framing the discussion on SGs and role of the Council)

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Fri Feb 7 09:03:51 UTC 2014

Thanks Avri,

Wise input.  Again, I find myself having very similar views to you on this
one - MSI Panel / GNSO interaction.

It seems to me that we should engage with the work of the panel, absorb
proposals where appropriate and similarly push back where proposals are
difficult to integrate.
I have had a 45 minute call with Beth Novek and she was very interested to
engage with and hear from us.

As I see it, there are a number of (non-exclusive) options including:

1. Further direct dialogue  between Beth & myself.
2. A written submission / response from the GNSO Council
3. An invitation to meet with the Council in Singapore

Please note that the remit they have been given means they are working to a
very aggressive timetable.

Jonathan