[council] ICANN Budget issues relating to the work of the GNSO Council

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Thu Feb 13 12:50:15 UTC 2014

Dear All,

As you may be aware, the FY15 Community Special Budget Process is currently
open for applications.

In line with the agreed GNSO PDP Improvements, the GNSO Council Chairs
(Chair & Vice Chairs) are planning to submit a request to fund a pilot
project for facilitated face-to-face PDP Working Group meetings.  It is
proposed that these F2F meetings will be linked to the ICANN meetings in
FY15 in order to best manage costs. The objective is to allow us to try and
test the concept of professional facilitation as well as create additional
F2F time for PDP Working Groups.  We anticipate that this will provide us
with useful insights on whether this works, and if so, how to further
develop this concept.

Further, as part of the work of the GAC - GNSO Consultation Group on Early
Engagement, we've prepared a request for travel funding for a GNSO liaison
to the GAC. Do note however, that this request is in no way intended to
pre-determine the discussion in the Consultation Group on the different
options (for regular GAC-GNSO liaison) that have been put forward to date
and as such, it can be withdrawn at any point should the Consultation Group
decide not to pursue this specific option any further.

Finally, following our successful GNSO Council Development Session in Buenos
Aires, we'll also be submitting a request to hold a similar session at the
end of the next AGM in Los Angeles in October of 2014.

If you have any comments / questions, please feel free to share these here
on the list.

Thank-you.

Jonathan