[council] FW: CEO/Community Leaders Conference Call - 18 Feb 2014

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Feb 19 12:01:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

Obviously as a member of the ATRT2 that was, I think that implementing
it is a critical opportunity and necessity.

More than that, the AOC reviews are, in my view, a brilliant experiment
in bottom-up oversight.  But this will only work if it is accepted as
oversight by the Board and the senior management of ICANN, whatever the
lawyers might say about a cooperate board accepting no master other than
the State.  I also think that this year is the best, and possibly last
chance, to show the world that indeed ICANN has oversight possibilities
other than one-to-many governments.

avri