[council] Crowdsourcing a bi-ennial performance review of the ICANN CEO

john at crediblecontext.com john at crediblecontext.com
Thu Feb 20 16:28:14 UTC 2014

All,

I think the next meeting of the ICANN, scheduled for London, marks two years of Fadi Chehade's term as the organization's President and CEO.  In light of the interest driven by the Strategy Panels in what is called crowd sourcing, I wonder if we should consider instigating a performance review of the executive using that method.

We can announce the initiative in Singapore and prepare a report for the London meeting.  The standing for the Council is the growing executive influence over policy, looking no further than the rise of appointed strategy panels in lieu of community-based working groups.

What is your view?

Cheers,

Berard