[council] Theresa Swinehart on the Creation of the President's Global Advisory Groups

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Feb 26 09:06:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

I can only say that I wish this had all been done before the groups were
formed as opposed to after, and that the support and advice of the SO/AC
had been obtained before they were created and they began their work.
This would have given them a degree of legitimacy, I for one, do not
believe they can acquire through post-facto explanation.

I know there is theory in management of acting first and explaining
later, and in emergencies this is can be an appropriate method. However
as it becomes standard in ICANN management, it becomes less and less
acceptable as a method.

Thanks

avri