[council] DRAFT/early thoughts on what a CEO performance review motion

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Thu Feb 27 19:53:20 UTC 2014

hi all,

sometimes i come up with an idea late at night that sounds killer clever — and then the next morning i look at it in the light of day and realize that if i really want to pull this idea off, it’s going to take a lot more thinking and refinement before it’s ready.

immediate reactions:

- i’m uncomfortable with the “constituency and stakeholder leadership” phrase — if it’s truly going to be reflective of the bottom-up process, the participation ought to be open, just like a working group is open

- if it’s going to be run like a working group, it ought to be chartered like a working group — problem statement, scope, approach, deliverables, all that jazz

- if it’s really going to be reflective of the whole community it ought to be a cross-community working group and not contained by the edges of the GNSO

as i follow my nose down that chain of logic i find myself stepping back a bit.  are we really ready to take this on?  are we really the right group?  is this really the best way to express our concerns?

is this the battle that’s most important to fight right now?

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)