[council] Jon Bing

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Jan 16 22:01:10 UTC 2014

Hello Avri,

>>  I just learned that Jon, once a member of the council, died yesterday.

>>  I just wanted to remember him as a really good guy who added a lot to every group and every conversation he was in.

Thanks for letting us know about Jon Bing.  I am sorry to hear about his passing away.

I recall he was very helpful in helping the new gTLD policy committee think through various dispute resolution models, which became the foundation for the current dispute resolution approach in the new gTLD program.

I have attached an example of a presentation he did for us from March 2007.  It is archived here:

	http://gnso.icann.org/correspondence/gnso-dispute-resolution.pdf.

 It would have been great to have him around to review the implementation of the current system, and how it could be improved for the next gTLD round.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

(former chair of the new gTLD committee within the GNSO)