[council] TR: Professor & Former GNSO council Jon Bing died yesterday

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Sat Jan 18 15:16:28 UTC 2014

FYI

The norwegian newspapers brought the sad news today.

I belive he made some contributions to ICANN in the GNSO council from 2006/2007 - hence this message to you and ICANN.

Hans Petter
Author and Professor Jon Bing has died at the age of 69.

 *   [cid:image001.jpg at 01CF1468.A43D2A60] <http://norwaytoday.info/uploads/news/1389800816_Bing.jpg>
Enlarge
Author and Professor Jon Bing has died at the age of 69 .
- Anyone who knows Jon knows that he has not had top notch health in the past. But we did not expect this. I think it's very, very sad , says Jon Wessel - Aas partner in Bing Hodneland Attorney company to the newspaper Dagbladet.
Bing is regarded as a pioneer in international Law and was Doctor of Law and Professor at the Center for Law in the Department of Private Law , at the Faculty of Law , at the University of Oslo.
Bing had together with Tor Åge Bringsværd published a number of books in the science fiction genre , both for children , youth and adults. He has also wrote a number of academic books.
Along with Tor Åge Bringsværd stood Bing also for the first science fiction series on Norwegian television series " Dark Passenger" which was shown on Norwegian television in 1978 , not to mention several episodes of success , " Helmer and Sigurdsson ".
Bing has also been a dedicated and frequently applied ethics expert when it comes to technology and copyright of digital media .
He was appointed a Knight of 1 of St. Olav in 1999, an honorary doctorate at Stockholm University and the University of Copenhagen and has won several author prices - including Riverton Prize and Brage Honorary Prize . He was the third Norwegians in the story who was the owner of Nordic lawyer price.
Bing was born in Tonsberg, but grew up in Trondheim, where the family moved to Kragero when he was three years old. He has lived in Oslo for many years.

Source: NTB scanpix / photo flickr / Norway Today