[council] Consent agenda issue :IGO-INGO Report to board

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Jan 21 21:02:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

First, apologies for only reading this report now in preparation for the
meeting and not when it first came out.

In reading the report I am troubled by the lack of any real mention of
the Minority Statements.  While it is mentioned that there were minority
statements, there is little to no mention of the subject of those
minority statements.

While it is true that the fully diligent Board member may go looking for
these minority statements based on the cross reference, for the most
part, I believe that fact will be missed by several at least.

I think that at least one sentence abstract on the subject manner of
each of these minority statements should be included in this report,
yest another table. I believe this should be a standard practice for all
Board reports given the important part minority statements play in ICANN
policy processes.

I have just begun to discuss this issue with my fellow council members
from the NCSG so at this point am just speaking on my own behalf of my
discomfort with this report, in its current state, being on the consent
agenda.  I did not wish to wait until they considered this however,
because of the tardiness with which I am making the request that this be
removed from the consent agenda until such time as the report is
modified or we have at least discussed the issue.

thanks and renewed apologies

avri

Thanks

avri