[council] ccNSO Council meeting report (1.23.14)

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Thu Jan 23 14:22:50 UTC 2014

John,

Many thanks for this .

Jonathan

From: john at crediblecontext.com [mailto:john at crediblecontext.com]
Sent: 23 January 2014 13:13
To: council at gnso.icann.org
Subject: [council] ccNSO Council meeting report (1.23.14)

All,

As the GNSO Council liaison to the ccNSO Council, I wanted to give you a quick report on two specific points from the ccNSO Council meeting this morning.  I wanted to get it to you before our own meeting today and so I apologize in advance for any spelling or grammar errors!

First, the ccNSO Council passed a motion confirming its commitment to participate in the cross-community working group drafting team.  Neustar's Becky Burr was named the co-chair.

Second, the upcoming Brazil meeting on Internet governance was a much discussed topic.  In response to general concern over just who and how many would be able to attend, Demi Getschko of NIC.br and the executive committee for the Brazil session, said that there will be a meeting on Monday, January 27 to (begin to) answer those questions.  He said it was likely that ICANN would be asked to help facilitate remote participation.  He said that the room likely limited participation to 1,000.  A complementary report on the work of the cross-community working group on Internet governance noted that it, too, was still rooted in sorting out the administrative details. This was also reflected in the ccNSO liaison reports from /1Net and the so-called Fifth Panel.

The ccNSO Council also had a lively discussion about travel funding and voting rules.

Cheers,

Berard